My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, October 31, 2005

am i demented?

am i the only knitter in the world who enjoys knitting corrugated ribbing? maybe it's because i don't mind purling. it takes a few minutes to retrain my hands to knit a regular purl stitch, and not a combined knitting purl stitch. didn't think i needed the combined knitting for this rib, plus regular purl is faster in the rib. corrugated ribbing gives you a preview of how the colors will flow together.

and i do loves me spit splicing, look ma, only 2 ends to darn in ;-0


have been thinking over the weekend about annie's question and internet friendships. without the internet, i would never have met most of my fiber friends. many of whom i now know in person, some still only over the net. since i don't have many friends in lake placid of the fibery persuasion, i cherish my online friendships :-)



miss madaket sunset enjoying the porch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well *I* like two color ribbing, Miss V. Yes, it is a lot more work but what a stunning way to begin a colorwork piece. The Koigu sweater looks great on you...perfect for Bend. :o)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Vanessa, the Koigu sweater looks great. And I love the beautiful ribbing. It almost looks like a painting. Just lovely!
Thanks for the link to my question. ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Me too,i feel the same way about my cyber buddies! I love you guys:-) The corrugated ribbing looks beautiful!!! I love the look corrugated ribbing.

4:20 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

What beautiful ribbing, the colours are gorgeous.

I must try combination knitting. I don't know if I can re-train my hands.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home