My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, November 20, 2005

temptation, courtesy of the u.s. mail

what to do, what to do? the fuscia yarn i was waiting for to finish donegal, and the rowan yorkshire tweed that i ordered from two swans both came in the mail late yesterday afternoon. i should be a good girl, and work on donegal, but oh, the luscious browns are calling to me.

the yorkshire tweed aran in bramble will become a pair of mittens, and the yorkshire tweed in bristle with become a bronte scarf. as requested by my ddil for christmas. it's beyond me why rowan doesn't have the same colors in the 3 weights of yorkshire tweed, but then again it's beyond me why they keep discontinuing everything i love. no wonder a girl has to have a huge stashola.






during the donegal standstill, i knit up a couple of bellini lace scarves from morehouse merino. bought them at ms$w. the purpley bronzey scarf is much more muted than in the photo. knit them both on walnut brittany needles, haven't knit on straights for ages, but these needles are a treat :-)















a few more photos of the basket without the yarn, it's a 14" oval, tiger wood base, oak staves, walnut ears. the mold is a lovely graceful shape.



my 50th birthday is coming up in 3 weeks. it's weird, my 40th felt great, for some reason, i feel like turning 50 is kind of like slamming the door on youth.

3 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

This is the best time of your life. You are wise enough to enjoy and appreciate it!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Vanessa - I still can't believe your kids are my age. Don't expect me to believe you are turning fifty.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa, the basket is just gorgeous. And Fern is something else - nice work! Sam

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home