My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

more babies!

two more calves :-) they are so cute! the first one was creamy colored, the next one was grey, and the last is more white. we haven't named them yet. there are more to come...






daisy is the mother of the grey, and cookie is the mother of the white.
we are a little worried about tippy tail, the first mom, she is very thin. but dd says she looked better when she brought the hay yesterday afternoon. tippy has always looked more like a donkey than a cow, the man who built our pole barn called her "wormy". i love tippy the most, she is the tamest of all the cows :-)


the daddy.


please send some second sleeve mojo my way, am trying to psyche myself up for poor neglected donegal. would like to wear it to madrona next week.......(hah)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have that much done, you CANNOT stop now.

It'll look great on you. You'll feel fantastic at completely such a challenging project. Your WIP basket will be a little less full relieving stress etc. And...you can start something else to celebrate!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to tell everyone to mock you mercilessly if you show up without a finished Donegal. Your life will not be worth living.

There, does that help light a fire?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

What sort of a way to treat poor Donegal? You've put so-o many other things before her. She deserves to be finished, NOW!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got about the same amount to get done on Donegal as I've got to get done on Celtic Dreams - wanna race? ;-)

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sooo beautiful you must finish it right now!

4:03 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

I lit a candle and talked to your second sleeve mojo. She forgives you and is feeling a bit sassy, maybe fiesty even. When you least expect it she will whisper in your ear...... 'pick up stitches' ........ 'you need me' ..... 'I will be the most beautiful second sleeve you have ever knit' ...... 'finish me and you will be the envy of all'.....

Ha! You can do it!! and your cows are absolutely adorable!!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better get to working on the sleeve. It's such a pretty sweater.

5:49 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Get started on the sleeve -- NOW!

Does that help? :-)

Oh, I've never been a "yeller" and I always seem to fade at the second sleeve or second sock...That's why I started knitting them first (the sleeves that is) the socks I work on two sets of dps.

5:58 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I have to agree with the chorus-you of alll people can get the sleeve done. Buck up missy and get going. Don't let those cute critters distract you!

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so sad and alone. Surely you have pity in your heart and won't leave her stranded? Get the poor sweater a sleeve soon. Or send her to me. Bwah, hah...my evil plan may work yet.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home