My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, February 06, 2006

d is for

donegal!!!!

don't know if i'm jumping the gun on the d thang, but i couldn't resist!
donegal turned out much better than i ever dreamed :-) the rowan yorkshire tweed 4ply is so soft i can wear it next to my skin, i can't wear shetland at all.



now i get to show it off at madrona. madrona was so much fun last year, just walking in the lobby all you can say is- st.brigid, ooh, little rivers, ooh, cover from sweaters from camp. oh, henry VIII, til your head spins ;-0

d is for daisy, one of our new cow mamas, she had a little grey bull :-)



d is for dog, my madaket is truly (wo)man's best friend. i love our shotsie, but madaket has stolen my heart. yesterday she went with me and tom to the ranch, and she drank out of the cow trough like a big girl ;-)





best of all d is for dd, words cannot describe how much i love her. my dd is brilliantly smart, funny, beautiful inside and out, compassionate, loyal, and so much fun! look at this little facey facey, i could have eaten her up with a spoon :-) hard to believe she's 17!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "D" sweater is absolutely beautiful.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

simply beutiful

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Donegal, looks great on you.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

It turned out so well and fits you fabulously--congrats!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donegal is wonderful and you look so beautiful wearing it! I also like Daisy and the baby bull.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Donegal is gorgeous! And, looks like a perfect fit, too.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great entry! I'm so glad Donegal turned out so well -- the colors look great there in the Florida sunshine. See you in a few days at Madrona!

3:58 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

You look Marvelous in your Donegal.

My "DD" will be turning 16 in a couple of weeks (sigh) where did the time go????

Have fun at Madrona!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

That is such a beautiful sweater! Have fun at Madrona, wish I was going;)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delicious "d" list.

Donegal looks fabulous on. Congratulations

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Great, great job, Vanessa.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love all your D's. Donegal really looks great on you. Daisy is a little cutie pie, Miss Madaket is becoming such a big girl she's grown since I saw her last, and lastly my beautiful inside and out FGD.

10:38 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Gorgeous knits, puppies, cows and calfs and baby kids all in the same post?? I am wowed, all of your D's are wonderful!

Your Donegal turned out very nice and looks quite beautiful on you! I really look forward to using the Yorkshire Tweed if it's as soft as you say - shetland is definitely itchy :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, what a super amazing sweater!! If only I weren't afraid of colour work...

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa
Love the socks and the Dongal...You are so prolific!
Judy

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home