My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, February 26, 2006

proud mama










whoohoo!
baby boy got the sweater and socks in the mail :-) the sweater is a perfect fit!
ds and ddil just installed the butcher block countertops themselves, looking good.





heh heh, i woke him up this afternoon to ask if the package had arrived, bachelor party last night.

bronte is finished, just have to block her.

hmm, brain is doing pretty well, time to start those deliscious oak leaf and squirrel mittens. after taking the estonian lace class with nancy bush, decided to try some of those estonian braid thingies from folk knitting in estonia. now when i read the book, i have nancy bush's voice inside my head, it's like she's reading to me. welcome to my strange little world ;-)


how far is bohemia from estonia? as soon as i started the braid, i felt like i'd been knitting them all my life! maybe it was all those dumplings i ate as a child...

10 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

...now that REALLY seals the GOLD MEDAL!!!!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - *that's* your baby boy? Wow. ;-) The, um, sweater looks gorgeous. And the squirrel mittens are looking good.

8:46 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Oh wow, he looks great in his new sweater! Don't you love it when a good plan comes together!?! :)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is wonderful!

I love the addition of the braid to the mittens. If I'd known how to do that when I made mine, I'd have added it, too. I have since gotten that book and can't wait to make more mittens.

I'm thrilled to have found your blog again. I swore I bookmarked it and wanted to tell you how your bravery with the dryer and Donegal rubbed off on me, but I couldn't find you. My Olympic sweater ended up a little big and I did the same thing to shrink it. It worked perfectly!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Fantastic sweater-it does look great on him-good color choice!

8:00 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Talk about a perfect fit:-) My squirrel mittens are in the ufo pile:-( I'm justy all about socks lately.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Wow, the sweater really is a perfect fit! You ds is getting more good looking every day.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweater and son both very handsome -- and talented at remodeling, to boot. Congrats.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Woo hoo indeed!

12:59 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

You're amazing! Beautiful sweater, handsome son.

Your projects come together so nicely...You're making progress while I'm visiting the frog
pond :-)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home