My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, February 23, 2006

ready for mr. postman


to go along with the olympic sweater, i knit ds a pair of socks. now that he has discovered the true joy that can only come from handknit socks ;-)






after the pooling fiasco, decided to change color and pattern, thank the fsm for a huge sock yarn stash!
this combo worked much better together, mountain colors weaver's wool again, this time pine needle (must be discontinued, it's not listed). the photo is too light, in real life the colors are darker and blend better. the pattern is cabled foot wrapper, by fibertrends.
hope they fit :-)









what to knit next? i'm not feeling up to anything mind-challenging, or any spinning. maybe i'll get a jump on christmas knitting, and start another bronte. have tons of deep aubergine in stash, dd loves that color...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To "go with" your Olympic knitting? Now that's just showing off, and if you hadn't been such a wonderful friend by sending me the recent batch of Gilmore Girl tapes I'd call you names. But I won't. I'll just say thank you thank you thank you!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks to go with such a great sweater! I don't think that I will depress myself though by asking when you started the socks. :)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Pine Needle has been discontinued. Bad move, if you ask me.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home