My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, March 02, 2006

snow anyone?


now that my mittens are done, i need some snow to play in!

thanks so much adrian, for the fun pattern, so well written and easy to knit :-)
i love my squirrel and oak mittens, they fit me perfectly.



the only changes i made were the braid cast-on, and the 2 colored yo braid from nancy bush's folk knitting in estonia. also, i used one size smaller needle for the cuffs.

rowan yorkshire tweed dk in goose and rowan scottish tweed in peat both from two swans yarn.

what next? christine's fern in selkie is so lovely, hmm, i do have a mess o' selkie in the stash. searching through all my books late last night. st.brigid was the intended sweater, but i need another heavy pullover like i need a pair of mittens ;-)
here swatchie swatchie swatchie.

p.s. thanks to all who left a compliment on my olympic sweater :-) there were a couple of people i couldn't link to to send a thanks. and anne, the bronte scarf pattern can be found in rowan's a yorkshire fable book.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely mittens, perfect for post olympic knitting! and the pic of your boy wearing the sweater is great, quite handsome (both of them)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens are so cute! I really need to adapt the chart to make rabbit mittens.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so fun -- seeing those finished mittens. Seems like I was delivering the yarn to you just yesterday. They look GREAT!

12:07 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Just too cute Vanessa. Congrats on winning the Lucy Neatby book:-)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Want some? Sorry I can't ship it over the Internet! Very nice mittens.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, they look lovely! It makes me want to knit them too.

And as Christine said, get swatching. I need to see another Fern so I can be tempted to knit it myself. ;-)

8:29 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Great mittens, I soo have to learn how to do those braids!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Love how your mittens turned out and your sweater.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home