My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

free at last, free at last!!!

free from stockinette hell!




while packing the truck for spring break, i of course forgot the selkie yarn and st.ciaran. luckily i had packed a backup, the koigu sweater from handpaint country. the yarn has been marinating in the stash for a few years, jo-anne from four seasons knitting did a fabulous job matching the colors in the book. one of the things i love about her site is that it lists the number of skeins available under each color, genius :-)

now all i have to do is sew up the seams, feh.

i started the front, back and sleeves with a provisional cast-on and knit a hem, but now am wondering if i should frog the hems and do an attached i-cord cast off instead.....

the collar is supposed to be reverse stockinette, but i knit a rolled collar instead (and had to frog it and the front to make the neckline deeper, the way the pattern is written, it's too high and gets an awful crease).

any bets on whether it gets seamed up tomorrow?

6 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

I love the colors of the new koigu sweater!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not betting you anything. Let's see it modeled. It's gorgeous. I love koigu and JoAnne.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go for the icord bind off...that will save you from sewing any more than you have to.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Your perseverance paid off. The colors are beautiful!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through the ABC Along. Your A Star*ore sweaters are gorgeous. I keep trying, but my purling after the cables is atrocious. I need serious help. And I love the posts of your favorite paintings, and the story of the foxglove.

8:49 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

I love this sweater!!!What yarns did you use? What pattern?

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home