My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, April 15, 2006

i won! i won!






a contest on the on my needles blog! bethieee sent me the loveliest pink roving with angelina :-) dd walked by the package and said "wow, that's really pretty", high praise from a 17 year-old!
thanks bethieee :-)








got the seaweed scarf blocked, and the fringe tied on. it blocked 14.5 in wide, and 86 in long! that's 4 inches longer than the pattern, but dd liked it long, so i left the length. knit it with size 4 brittanies, and the color is sea ivory. i found my pattern notes from my ddil's mittens unbelievable, and i also have the mittens, so i will knit a pair to go with this scarf.



i do not want to get stuck racing to get through the christmas knitting this year, so i'm trying to get a good start!

thanks for all the sock compliments, linda m, i can't find a way to thank you by email ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

I got some lovely pink fluff from bethieee also and it is so soft and gorgeous!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--you are winning everything! I love the scarf. Is the VY yarn soft to the skin?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

What a beautiful box of pink fluff. Your dd is as gorgeous as always.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful scarf, lovely roving. aren't you just the luckiest?

3:38 AM  
Blogger Bethieee said...

I hope you like how the fluff spins up. Please drop a line to let me know what you do with it!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you! Do you know what you'll make with your 'pretty in pink' fiber? the scarf looks great too (you know, like _everything_ you knit!). ~d

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home