My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

all my ducks in a row

spent the weekend knitting hats for ryan's dulaan project. it is quite amazing how far 5 skeins of cascade 220 will stretch. this yarn was first purchased for a knitted tam class with beth brown-reinsel at madrona in 2005. then the 3 blues were used to knit squares for christine's blue afghan, now 5 hats for dulaan. what a value!


ms$w was last weekend, and i wasn't there. but was i the tiniest bit upset? no. things really do have a way of working out for the best. if i had planned on going to ms$w, i would have missed out on seeing my son and ddil. they decided last minute to come to south florida to visit my mom for the weekend, so i got to see them saturday night and sunday lunch.


if you are the praying kind, please keep my son bart in your prayers. he is a navy pilot and is being deployed overseas at the end of may for 6 months.

keep safe my baby :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will definitely keep your son in my prayers. My uncle Bart was in the Reserves for 20 years and he just retired. Everytime you write about your son, I get so misty-eyed because I think of my 2 year old becoming a Man, Husband, Father. Thanks for sharing.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Oh, Vanessa! I'll definitely keep your son (and you) in my prayers.

9:17 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

ABSOLUTELY! Your son is in our prayers and thank him for his service!
Those blue hats are beautiful...

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your son returns safe and sound and will say a prayer for you and your family.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Your son is high on my prayer list!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending big hugs to help keep you together. Big cheers for him, but I sure hope this is over soon so they can stay home with their families.

You're right - you were exactly where you should have been last weekend!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Prayers for your family indeed my dear, it's strange how you end up being just where you need to be.

11:41 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

I love your ducks!!!! All my best thoughts go with your son!!!!! How wonderful that you could visit with him this weekend...what a joy!!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I'm definitely the praying sort and I will be remembering both of you.
I mentioned Madrona and I think I will get a green light:-)

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers definitely being wafted in his specific direction.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Vanessa! I will be thinking of him, you and your ddil. I don't know what to say. Please thank him from us for serving.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home