My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, May 06, 2006

one of these things is not like the other

one of these things is not like the other!
the whole time i was knitting the second sock, that old sesame street song kept playing in my head.



they are the ssaammee color, and the ssaammee dyelot, but one is definitely lighter than the other. or conversely, one is definitely darker than the other ;-)



beloved koigu from madrona, judy gibson you're putting me on socks.

and just for the hell of it, cranked out another pair, this time with knitpicks sock memories, flyfishing colorway. hmm, this color isn't on their website, maybe it's discontinued?


the knitpicks is not shiny at all like the koigu, and is a squinchier, i used 64 stitches instead of 60. but the fabric is much thicker without as much stretch as the koigu. and even though these are quite a bit longer in the foot, i still can't use up all the yarn. hmm, maybe i need to make kneesocks?

one thing i do like about these toe-ups is that they are so darn cute dangling from the needles!


hope all of you lucky people at ms$w are having a fabulous time without me, sigh.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love toe up socks too. Your colors are great!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...I had the exact same thing happen to me with the Koigu I used for my SockapalOOOza sox. Same color number, same dyelot number, the only two of the color in the bin, looked really close in the skein, but knitted up it just seemed like one was brighter than the other. So I washed the brighter one several times before washing the other. No color loss...ah well. They looked enough alike that I'm prolly the only one who noticed...just like you'll be.

I like your blog...I'll be back!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't really see a difference in the socks, they both look wonderful!! What color number is that? It's gorgeous!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I thought of you while waiting in the l-o-n-g Koigu line at MS&W on Saturday. Thanks again for advising me to get to their booth early!

10:07 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

Welcome to the world of Fraternal Socks!! I have some myself :).They are still wonderful.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

See you when I get back. I'll miss you.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home