My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, June 04, 2006

warms the cockles of my heart!

dd asked me to teach her how to spin! i had brought the van eaton fold-n-tote down to fort lauderdale, one of my other friends had expressed an interest in learning.

out came the wheel and some plain vanilla wool.

omg, dd got the hang of spinning in about 5 minutes ;-0
zipped right through thr plain vanilla, so i had to break out the 8 oz. of hand dyed firesong bfl (301-854-4848) that i had been holding on to from ms$w 2005. a worthy cause.

dd spun all afternoon,



she spun after dinner,



she spun til midnight. next moning on comes a new bobbin and more spinning.
yesterday afternoon came the plying. i didn't bring a niddy noddy, so we have no idea of the yardage.





dd and i are on our way to nantucket this morning, maybe she'll knit a scarf, and have enough left over for a hat :-)

you know live in red neck country when your daughter spends the weekend mudding. memorial day weekend. before and after.





















i'm blogging from the airport, how cool is that?

14 Comments:

Blogger DeeAnn said...

She did an awesome job! Obviously inherited some creative talents from Mom. That roving may have been inspirational too - absolutely scrumptious!

Mudding!! for me it's spring at the dog park ;)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

What is mudding?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Times like these when I miss having a daughter! Gorgeous yarn.

And I love the Firebirds cardigan in your album. Another one to add to my list!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously DD can teach me. Great!! Have a wonderful and creative time on the island. I look forward to your return. Hugs all around.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's what that loud whooshing sound was! So do you have a wheel she can use? :-)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Way cool.
2. Genetics run true.
3. Very impressiving spinning.
4. Would love to be in your suitcase right now.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

How cool is that!?!?!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl and her first attempt is even better than I'm doing after 6 months!!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait wait wait, you have a Van Eaton FnT, and you are getting a wee Robin?

10:37 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

that IS way cool!!!! (as Californians would say)
HA! 'what is mudding?' one of your comments asked...HA...you would have to live in the south to understand..to put it in writing would be too 2 dimensional! (I say this being a non-southern living in NORTH Fl for 8 years at our last duty station!)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Of course your offspring have a genetic inclination to spin beautifully.

I have to repeat pixiepurls question and say what the heck is "mudding?"

I'm so jealous you're heading to Nantucket. Say hello to the island for me. :)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Wooo hooo! Gorgeous yarn. Do you like the Fold n Tote?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Impressive! I am so jealous that you have your daughter spinning. I've managed to bring my daughter over to the knitting obsession but so far she is resisting the urge to spin. She says "one addiction is enough". HA! One addiction is only the beginning.

She shall be assimilated.....it's just taking longer than I anticipated.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive first spun! Another one bites the dust. :)

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home