My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, July 17, 2006

N is for -

niddy noddy!



niddy noddy, niddy noddy
two heads, one body
here's one t'ain't one
here's two t'ain't two ...


my favorite niddy noddy is a bird's eye maple made by red barn farm.
i also have a maple niddy from norm hall, and a red oak noddy by rick reeves my hero.

unfortunately i'm not at home, so can't take photos of the last 2.

today's karma must have been very good. i wound a ball of lisa souza's petal in the mother of pearl colorway she dyed especially for me ;-)

fsm, i got the exact gauge in my first swatch attempt! even my row gauge was only one row too many, and with 45 rows per 4 inches, that ain't too shabby.


lisa and i brainstormed on this color just for alice st*rmore's cape cod, in the fisherman's knits book. thanks lisa!
this yarn is so sumptous words do not do it justice. in person, the colors are just like abalone, or mother of pearl. i am smitten.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niddy! Of course! I love my Norm Hall wood.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swoon, that yarn must be heavenly.

You'll have to help me pick out a Niddy Noddy at Rhinebeck.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, that is so beautiful! you lucky duck.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmmmm...I don't even know what a Niddy Noddy is!

My FOXY & MULLED WINE YT yarn came today and it is beautiful! Not sure I'm going to be able to wait until January, it will require maximum restraint! LOL

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! You are finally using it...too funny. A lot of people in the world thank you for making me do it, Vanessa...

3:33 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I really don't think you need 3 Niddy Noddy's. I think you should give one to me since I don't have any. The birdseye maple is my favorite.

3:27 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Beautiful Niddy's and beautiful yarns! I really like that pearl tone, can't wait to see how it goes, although with you we never have long to wait anyways, now do we? ;-)

7:47 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Love your NN's! I have a little 6 incher made by the "woodchuck", in black walnut...one of my favorite tools!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home