My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

the gloves are off!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006











oh fsm, why didn't i have lisa overnight the frickin' yarn?

innocently, oh so innocently, i ordered anne's gorgeous wing-of-the-moth pattern. then perused lisa souza's yarn for some moho. ah yes, seafoam (the color lisa matched a fabric swatch for me for legend of the shetland seas shawl) will make a lovely moth.

innocently, innocently i email cheryl with my yarn choice. heh heh, she replies, would you like to join our friendly insert devil horns and tail little race. why yes, there will be betting, and prizes (will find something pretty my dears to add to the prize stash).

now i'm wishing i had the yarn overnighted. those other knitters competition are so far ahead. julia has 10 frickin' fir cones finished! beth is motoring along, erin has 7 repeats done. anne wrote the pattern, so she has the homecourt advantage. carole claims she hasn't started yet, we shall see if she has been stealth knitting. i see many sleepless nights ahead...........

wish me luck, and god speed mr.postman!

p.s. funny thing, i bought my son the teeshirt this summer with the morale logo. and some pirate lounging pants.







10 Comments:

Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

I love that tee. I must find one for the monkey!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Let's hope your yarn arrives soon!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Scared of you! You knit entire Starmores in the time it takes me to do a pair of socks. (And not fancy socks, either! Plain ones!)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

You may be starting a little late, but methinks you've got some powerful knit-mojo happening.

2:57 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

I voted for you! Lisa better get that yarn to you asap!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VANESSA. My money was riding on YOU. Don't let me down, grrrrl.

6:38 PM  
Blogger judy said...

I'm betting on you,( sorry girls, she's really fast). I didn't see any Seafoam on the Moho list of colours. A special order??

8:28 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I bet you will still win 'ol flame fingers;-)

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...overnight. You needed to sound more desperate, dammit. That would have matched the phonecall in the morning, yarn into the pot, dried in the breeze, finished with a hairdryer and out the same frickin day. Do I win a prize? Yes...your continuing outpouring of love and business, Vanessa., I know :o}

That moth pictures looks just like the yarn...

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's the most stratigic way I've seen so far to make Lisa S. have to hurry without begging or guilt feelings. LOL! (love ya LisaS)

My money is on you, Flame Fingers.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home