My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

honey what's for dinner?

how about some frozen mohair?





on a finishing frenzy while waiting for my lisa souza mohair to arrive.

froze wrapped in traditon to make it easier to tink the crocheted picot edge. it needed to be a bit tighter. off for a bath and blocking. knit with douceur et soie color 8845.


next in the bath- seraphim. knit early in the summer with elsbeth lavold silky wool color 13. love the color and the texture.

then river got a relaxing bath and blocking, i knit it a bit longer than the 50 1/2 inches of the pattern, blocked at 54 inches. alchemy haiku, color montreat path, i love this yarn, with 40% silk and 60% mohair, it has just the right amount of fuzz :-)


tom's pullover is next in the bath. used rosemary's middle sized sweater from the green mountain spinnery book and rowan aranspun color gable (discontinued). i didn't block it on the woolly board as i wanted to keep the ribbing intact.


last in the bath were the 2 skeins of bfl handspun. firesong fibers, lavender fields no website. spun on the betty roberts wheel. much happier with the yarn after it's bath. after the spinning it felt a little ropey. after the bath it's much loftier :-)




modelling shots-

wrapped in tradition-



seraphim-


river- romi's amber shawl pin is the perfect finishing touch!




tom's pullover will have to wait for tom ;-)

model dedication? the temperature was 96 in the shade.

17 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Wow, your lace is amazing! Such beautiful results. I'm all thumbs when it comes to lace...*sigh*

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love them all.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawls! Did freezing the mohair really help? I've heard yes and no.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Will the mailperson please hurry! And Vanessa, please don't hurt yourself in all these frenzied activities, no matter how gorgeous everything is. My money is still on you!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you have time to knit so much, spin so much. I envy you. I want to BE you when I grow up. Or maybe just the Seattle version of you, cause I so can't do Florida. (I must have gray skys above me, mostly.) Gray skys are great for shawls! Thnx for the photo gallery ~ they're all lovely.peacrrsf

11:07 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wrapped in Tradition is just beautiful! I've been looking at that pattern, I love your version. Any word on the mohair arriving yet??

11:15 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

WOW. Just... wow. Look at all that gorgeous, gorgeous lace!

I have two of Romi's pins--they're great, aren't they? Yours is prettier, though.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

They're all gorgeous...of course.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I am humbled, Master. It is all so gorgeous, and looks so lovely on your beautiful daughter. The pin is perfect with it, too. :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Such a good daughter! Beautiful work, too.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seraphim looked great just off the needles, but is magnificent now and the model is one of my favorites. Glad the yarn came. Now concentrate. When you win and if I win some roving, get the guest room ready!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful knits!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed by your lace work, it's so stunning! I adore lace and just looking at it makes me want to knit it all too! ;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Gorgeous!!! Good look waiting for your yarn to arrive. The moth shawl is going to be really fabulous.

2:31 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Gorgeous!!! Good look waiting for your yarn to arrive. The moth shawl is going to be really fabulous.

2:31 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Stunning runway!! and such model dedication, beautiful :) How do you like the Seraphim in the silky wool? It's such a nice next to your skin yarn.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, so freezing mohair makes it easier to unravel? Does it really?

Who knew?

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home