My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, September 02, 2006

q is for

quahog.




ivory quahog.



and quahog chowder.

my favorite quahog chowder is at the atlantic cafe on nantucket. on a cold windy rainy day, the a.c.'s chowder is heavenly.

now that i've recovered from the moth madness, marina is on the needles. luckily for me, a friend in australia decided she wasn't going to ever knit her marina, so she is mine all mine! thanks beryl :-)



the colors are hard to photograph. marina reminds me of a pendleton blanket.

madaket waits at the window every afternoon for dd to get home from school. isn't she sweet?

i love the way she lays with her legs out like an otter :-)


shotsie in her normal position,laying the bed, on top of the pillows. what a life!


saturday sky for sandy. sorry, but blogger won't let me upload the bloody photo.

thanks for all the kind wing-of-the-moth words! manise, ann, lene, and judy, i can't figure out a way to email a thanks, so thanks! dee and chris, i'm glad you won :-)

13 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Quahog chowder and marina on your needles...does life get any better?

...and that Madaket, she is a sweetie...

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I won, too, Vanessa! ;) Your shawl is gorgeous and your knitting is inspiring. Can't wait to see Marina.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Aww, so cute!

Thanks to your finishing first, I got two entries and won some Noro & sock yarn ;-)

Marina is looking good!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love quahogs, too! And little necks on the half shell. yummm.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Tell Maddie sitting like that is not very lady like.

Looks like you are off and running with Marina. You've already passed me by.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. We New Englanders love our chowder.

I can't figure out how dog hip joints DO that.

7:33 AM  
Blogger June said...

Oh, Vanessa! The dogs are just too sweet! Out pooch sits very awkwardly all the time too, man, how I wish I had some of that in me sometimes!

Marina is going to be stunning!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a terific friend you have to give you her Marina! I will enjoy watching your progress on the sweater.

Your doggy looks too cute with his legs sprawled out like that :-)

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmmmmmmmmmandaket...she and Tank would make a perfect silly pair. He lies on his back like that. What is it about Labs that makes the the Sillies of the world? Must be the Wiggle Butt Dance.
Hey, is Beryl knitting with her Petal? Tough life, you inheriting that sweater to finish...

1:37 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

I've got a dog that does that and tickles me every time.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are very welcome vanessa. nice to see such a great job being done on it!
Beryl

6:08 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Marina looks gorgeous! And I loved the pics of your dogs. Too cute!

11:48 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Madaket looks adorable!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home