My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

dinner's ready!

saturday night dinner. thanks carolyn for the idea, now my family might actually get a home cooked meal.

one of our fall favorites - pork chops with apples and onions.

nice fat boneless pork chops from costieco.


trim off even the tiny bit of fat on the chops, and place in a lidded casserole.


dice one large sweet onion, peel and dice 2 tart apples.


spread over pork chops, and sprinkle with lawry's garlic salt and black pepper.


cover about 2/3 up with chicken broth. usually i use half broth and half apple juice, but i didn't have any juice in the fridge.

put the lid on, and bake in a 325 oven for 3 hours.

cook some nice wide noodles.



saute green beans with olive oil, lawry's garlic salt, pepper and italian seasonings.


yum, yum, yum, the pork is fork tender.



saturday sunset for sandy.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to cook so am always looking for recipes. That one looks great. We will be having it soon.

Isn't Costco great? I was there last weekend

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really good for minimal prep time. Have you ever tried it with something like chicken?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That sounds really yum. I love pork with apples.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That sounds delicious!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. That sounds so delicious. I'm writing this recipe down. Thanks. :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'll try it! It sounds delicious, and, most importantly, easy. Love the buttons, too!

7:09 PM  
Blogger judy said...

That is one of our favorites too, and the chops from Costco. Funny, huh? C asked for it last night.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I am coming to your house for dinner!!!! That looks great!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really yummy!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, this looks *so* yummy! I'm all drooling over here now and will have to hit the fridge right away ;)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm... that was yummy. i had the leftovers two nights ago. i think i'm making pizza tonight, we haven't had home-made pizza in forever.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum. Pork with apples 'n onions sounds nicely seasonal for here tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks for taking the time to write and share his recipe. I am going to cook it tonight for our Sunday dinner. : )

10:16 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ooooh - where have I been? That looks delicious.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I finally made this and my son loves it! Thanks again.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home