My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, October 26, 2006

rhinebeck!!!!


need i say more?




we're on our way! hope in the driver's seat, anmiryam in the back.



i love leaf peeping :-)



hope loves the cappuchino at monkey joe's ;-) michelle's not sure about hope.


a group of us stayed at the courtyard, part of the beekman arms and delamater inn.



my room.



first stop, the bakery on garden. yummy cookies :-)


friday night dinner at the sante fe in tivoli, deliscious shrimp tacos. excellent service.



new york sheep and wool, here we come!

adrianne, steph, hope, regan, michelle, me and anmiryam.


the yarn.

what i've been waiting for since last october - the artichoke man!


fried pickles, normally seen in the deep south.



lamb sausage.


fried dough. hey, i must have been hungry.


the blogger meet-up was insane. i spy margene and kim.

met up with judy and her sister linda, chris and cindy (but only for a second, whah). adrian, i wore my squirrel mittens, and monica in her gorgeous shawl.

not much of a haul.

more glass buttons from moving mud. guess i'll add them to the buttons i bought last year ;-0

hairsticks from moving mud, one for dd and one for ddil for christmas presents.



3 pair of golding walnut dpns, great points.












my only fiber purchase, 500 yds of merino tencel from briar rose, just what i've been looking for to knit swallowtail.

the very best part of course, spending time with friends. getting to meet my wing of the moth buddies.

and laurie and cassie, two online friends i couldn't wait to meet in person. i hope next time we see each other, i get more hugs and more time to talk :-)

sorry this took so long, having trouble uploading photos...


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you were restrained! Looks like fun!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

I had to click all the "shopping" links, didn't I? How cool is that to be able to buy needles according to whether they were sharp or blunt, slippery or not! Love the yarn and buttons. Gorgeous colors!

3:55 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

no problem loading the pics...looks like you have a GREAT time! Thanks for sharing...for those of us WAAAY over on the other side...looked like a lot of fun :)

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stuff, clearly well edited. How did I miss Briar Rose??

And I did miss being able to sit down with you, with a cuppa.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i may have to try some of those golding needles, too bad i have such a bad track record with wooden things....I can't wait til madrona!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Golding made double points! It looks like you had a great time and I love that yarn from Briar Rose!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ahhh - Rhinebeck

Thanks for those pictures - it brings back so many amazing memories.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you post the picture of the fried pickles for ME?? HUGE fan.

Never seen an artichoke vendor before.

Looks like you got some beautiful things!

8:57 PM  
Blogger judy said...

I missed those needles. Guess there is something left for next time. It's always so much fun to meet up, just never enough time.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope looks like she's loads of fun! Love that yarn. I'm sure the shawl is scheduled for completion by the end of the week!
;->
Maybe next year...

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My....I LOVE those hairpins!!!!!

It was great seeing you again!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the photos. Now I know a little bit more, when I see the word "Rhinebeck".

12:58 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Thanks for posting the pictures from Rhinebeck. I really enjoyed looking at them.

7:05 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Lovely pictures from the festival!
Lovely choices from the vendors!
...love the artichokes...thanks for posting the photos..missed it all this year ;-(

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom you're holding out on me. when were you going to show me this stuff?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home