My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

back!

thanks for all the well wishes!!!

feels so good to feel good!

yesterday dd played hookie, so we made bread. june's breads are always so tempting.

whole wheat, from the king arthur's ww flour package, yum! i fully intended to snap a photo of the whole loaf, but dd couldn't wait ;-)

and i finished off this deliscious pair of socks. thanks anne, for eabling me into the spinning bunny sock club! the merino angora yarn for january is sooo soft, and i love the blue sprinkled colors, perfect for snowflakes :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

The bread looks yummy but the socks look heavenly!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Anne P said...

You are welcome! :)

I can't believe I actually finished a project at the same time you did. I am normally the turtle with a capital-T. I love this pattern. I'm anxious now to get the March installment.

2:07 PM  
Blogger June said...

Few things in the world are better than tearing into a fresh loaf of hot bread.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

They are very pretty socks! And that bread - I can almost smell it.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Yum! Creations for the tummy and the sole. I love the socks! They just look so soft and lovely.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Nothing like a fresh loaf of bread..I can just smell it baking!

I REALLY like that sock pattern. Which pattern is it?

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm, fresh baked bread and butter! Nothing like it. Glad you're back at it. Good socks!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Snowflakes! You are singing my song. Blue snowflakes! Even better.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better! Love the socks!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Your socks are beautiful. I came here looking for photos of the Rovanimei Mittens and yours are beautiful. I very much agree that no one really knows how people used to knit unless there are actual pictures of them knitting. I hold my yarn and knit "all wrong" according to many teachers, but it works for me and my knitting looks just like theirs.

So don't fix what ain't broke.

9:30 AM  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

Lovely socks!

I would give anything to do Susannah's mittens from rovaniemi class, maybe she'll cross the pond sometime soon...

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home