My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, March 22, 2007

2, 2, 2 socks in one!

the last time you saw the socks that rock fire on the mountain, it was a pain jane vanilla ribbed cuff. soothing knitting, but kinda boring.

hmm, thought i, the last time ddil came to lake placid, she had her trekking socks jammed into reefs.

that girl needs some thong socks.



behold the thong socks, almost finished.

used a combination of the lickety split pattern from knitty, and wendy's toe up for the heel.
the only mod i made for the toes was to kitchener the stitches between the toes instead of a 3 needle bind off (thought it would be more comfy).
normally i like the heel from judy gibson's your putting me on socks for my toe ups, but i didn't like the way it was changing the colors, so i opted for wendy's short row heel.
excellent detailed explaination of the heel here.
the extra wrapadidoo wendy has you do makes for no holes in the heel, brilliant!

thanks for all the eye wishes, all better. i should have known better than to be vain and wear an old pair of contact lenses ;-)

the bohus scarf is still in time out.

11 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Those are adorable! Hmmmm. I think I may need a pair....

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so clever!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have never heard of a thong sock before! Is that what it's called? Isn't there a Japanese name for those big toe socks, too? hmmm. I'll have to think about that one. Maybe that would go down well in Key West, based on all the other "thongs" I saw there??

3:53 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

socks...I'm such a sock drop-out. my CO socks have failed to be complete by around 4 months. I could use the excuse of -moving...but you can only use that one so long! HA! So, I'd rather look at YOUR fine handiwork ;)

5:06 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

thanks for all those great sock links! ....I have never tried a pair of "toe-ups", and you have inspired me to put them on "my list"...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I find that project time-out usually helps improve the project's attitude tremendously! ;-)

This lady could really use a thong sock too:
First Thong

hmm, hope that link works, I haven't tried html in the comments before.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tabi socks is what they are called in Hawaii(Japanese word, I think), and I want a pair! Clever design, and very nice work.

8:40 PM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

oooh those are so cute!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Cute socks.

Glad your eye is feeling much better too.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

A while ago, I decided I needed a pair of thong socks. I never got around to making them and kind of forgot all about it. I think you've just re-ignited my desire (need?) for toe socks. Thanks for pointing out the knitty pattern. That'll help, for sure!

8:08 PM  
Blogger girls just want to have spun! said...

me next!!!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home