My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, July 28, 2007

see you in 10 days!

my friend terri and i are going to west virginia-




to take a windsor chair making class with charles boland of storybook joinery.



terri has a woodworking shop that would make norm abrams pee his pants.
i am so so over my head, wish me luck that i return with all my fingers ;-)





print o' the wave blocked. it was so muggy out this morning, when we took the first photos, they were blurry cause the lens was fogged!






rebecca was not here to model, so you are stuck with me.



print o' the wave, designed by eunny jang, knit with 4 skeins of alchemy haiku in copper. size 8 metallic seed beads. size 4 lantern moon needles.

this wasn't knit at the speed of light. it was started last spring, i ran out of yarn with 2/3 of the last long border. found last skein in closet last week.

the first skein of haiku is lighter than the rest, the border skeins both match thank the fsm!

i'm ignoring the color differences and happy the print is finis.

blogging from the fort lauderdale airport, how cool is that? i cannot wait til the whole world is wireless :-)







17 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Hey Vanessa, I leave in about 1/2 hour to pick you up from the airport. I can't wait to see you.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Lucky lucky you! Have a wonderful time. :)

Gorgeous shawl and it looks lovely on you!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

This looks absolutely beautiful. I suspect the colour variation (in association with the beads) actually adds to it.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl! Have fun and be careful! Measure twice, cut once.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That is quite beautiful. The differences in color don't come through on my monitor. Mr. E is looking over my shoulder, and is very impressed with that knit.

Have a great time at the workshop. Keeps the grey matter young.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Vanessa, that workshop sounds fantastic! Don't stand directly behind the saw. (That's the one thing I learned in wood shop.)

Your shawl! It's stunning. Don't get it stuck in a saw. :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

Have a marvelous time -
can't wait to hear all about it.
And that shawl is amazing. wow.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

The chair making sounds wonderful, I look forward to reading more about it afterwards. Have fun!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely and so is the model. Have fun with the woodworking.

7:12 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

It came out so beautiful:-) She will love it. Have fun with your class!!!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stole is gorgeous! Have a great time!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great workshop that will be, have fun! Print O' the Wave is lovely, and you're wonderful model too!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I just can't get over how the two of you know each other! Someday you are going to have to explain how you met. Both of you are always an inspiration to me with your diverse hobbies. Windsor chairs? Amazing! Absolutely Amazing!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh...I forgot to tell you...

I nominated you for Rockin' Girl Blogger! Details are on my blog.

3:47 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Have a great time! I'm still loving that gorgeous shawl!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Grgeous shawl! It looks great with that black dress.

I hope you enjoy your workshop, it sounds fascinating.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl - you always make beauties :)

The workshop sounds so interesting - have a great time.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home