My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, May 04, 2008

مجنون

or how i lost my mind last night.

i love my irtfa'a so much that i wanted to knit a pair of socks to match. at madrona i bought a skein of str lightweight in rooky. unfortunately, i have skinny feet and str is a slightly thick sock yarn. couldn't figure out how to knit the lace patterns up in a small enough sock for me.


believe me i tried.
late last night i got the brilliant idea to use the leftover blue moon laci from irtfa'a!


1.5mm dpns, 80 sts, 11 st per inch. i'm in heaven.

is this extreme knitting?
last weekend i got to visit my gingersnap. it was my son's 29th birthday.
how the hell did i get old enough to have a 29 year old son?
we spent saturday morning fishing on bart's new boat.
matthew mconaughey ain't got nothing on my son ;-)
no fish :-(

i hope i see my little family again soon! maybe i'll get to babysit gingersnap overnight in july :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again. Beautiful family. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

You're right! He's drool-worthy ;-) Gorgeous looking family.

4:04 PM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

awww, what a nice family weekend; your DIL is gorgeous too!

heheeh taht's funny about the sock .. i'll write you a pattern, how would that be?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

what a lovely family you have -
And yes, we knitters can be a bit extreme (heh heh). what a clever gal you are to figure out you yen for that sock !

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get a chance to babysit. Would be wonderful for both of you :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Gingersnap looks a lot like her daddy, doesn't she? The family is adorable!

Annie

3:09 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

That baby is just delish. Makes me want to scoop her up and kiss her!

So, this is likely to be the weirdest comment you will receive, but the Arabic at the top of your post? Does it relate in any way to what you wrote? I know some elementary Arabic and I did my best sounding out and that doesn't say "Irtfa'a"! The shawl and the socks are stellar in any case...

10:34 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

You have an absolutely beautiful family!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Lucky woman!

And yesssss, that is extreme knitting. My hands are screaming just thinking about it.

3:57 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wonderful to see your family! Everyone looks terrific, and your gingersnap has really grown! Beautiful pics!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home