My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, May 08, 2008

كامل

woot! my bluemoon laci socks are complete!


i wish you could feel how soft they are.



the perfect weight for warmer weather
but not this bloody florida hot and sticky weather



lace detail-


anne is going to write a nice lightweight sock yarn pattern, how that for cajoling?



finally blocked, the knitting was finished well over a year ago...

it's "a triangular warm shawl to knit" by galina khmeleva, piecework magazine sept/oct 2002.
the kit is still available from galina, but i am not sure if it is still the quivit yarn called for in the magazine.
i was lucky enough to get the original kit from knitswap.
as soon as i had finished knitting it, rebecca told me i could never wear it since it is the red hat colors, ah well.



look at this gorgeous color! it is the sweet sheep's lace in cranapple.
it's going to be anne's snowflakes in cedar , a sample for the sweet sheep. i test knit the original one for anne, it's the one in the photos.


raja is the only one who uses the cardioglider for exercize.
he grabs his tail from underneath. hyseterical when he flips himself over to get a good grip on it, and falls off.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your kitty.... I have kitty envy. Loved him from the beginning. The Sweet Sheep yarn is beautiful! I am working on the final lace edge on Whispering Pines! Oh, how I love Anne's patterns.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, to be a cat! Then again, I'm easily amused myself.

Those socks are awesome! And I'd wear the shawl anyway - as long as you're not wearing a hat, you won't be mistaken for a red hatter!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Absolutely gorgeous socks! And thanks for again showing your chair making. I love seeing the process and hope to get to make a chair myself at some point.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Nice socks! :)

Now, please to explain to me: why are the titles of your posts (the last two) showing up in Arabic?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I love the lace pattern of those socks. You did a great job with them. Your cat is too cute!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

I wonder how long (the other) Anne's design list is. I often say "what about this" to her and then she toddles off and actually does something with it. She's a wonder.

Your socks look fabu!

Anne in SLC

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too, with the Arabic.

Love the socks!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Guess you have no choice but to return to Colorado!!

Love the shawl as well as the socks!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

kitty-cardio. how hysterical.
love those socks - stunning.
and your shawl is lovely too. Galina is a dear, and writes really nice patterns. I used to see her every June at BSG. What an amazing knitter she is.

11:29 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

The socks are beautiful as well as the shawl! Love the Sweet Sheep lace.

8:19 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Hey! That sock is something else! Nice work. 80 sts socks take forever to work. Ask me how I know....

9:49 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That lace sock is just a stunner, hope the Florida temps permit you to wear it a lot!:)

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love the socks! I'll be adding them to the queue when Anne releases the pattern. And yes, it was beastly in Tallahassee today. I'm hoping the next cold front holds together. I'm not ready for it to be summer yet!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Now that the socks are "kamil" (complete) are you ready to do a meme? I've got one going over on my blog and would love to hear from you if you'd like to do it!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Beautiful socks and shawl. Galina's kits use Zephyr now. Lucky you to have an original quiviut one.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home