My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, August 11, 2008

don't you just love it?

when your knitting does exactly what you want it to?





here's the latest test knit for anne, i love the way the central motif mirrored perfectly, like a lovely brocade :-)

on the second border now, the end is in sight.

last tuesday rebecca asked me to come and visit her in gainesville, woot! on my way up, my son bart called and asked if we could meet him for dinner. he is a navy instructor pilot and could fly wherever he wanted for his training flight.

how exciting!
coming in for a landing-



handsome guy, eh?



both my babies :-)



life is good.



rebecca's room-mate has a mini daschund, maggie. shimmo and maggie had a grand time playing tug-of-war.



pretty soon shimmo will be as big as madaket!




oh the indignity. shotsie has a hematoma on her ear and has to wear this collar :-(
can you say pity party?
my friend june has tagged me- 6 quirky things about myself. jeez where do i start!
1. i am EXTREMELY afraid of heights. which is why tom couldn't believe what i did in whistler, but that's for another post ;-)
2. i'm allergic to bees, wasps and ants. not a good thing in florida with all the fire ants...
3. my shoelaces must be tied exactly the same tightness on both feet, or i will go insane.
4. if all the lightswitches in a multiswitch panel aren't all in the same postion when they are on/off, i will also go insane.
5. when i was young i was very very shy. sometimes i would bring my dog to parties so i would have someone to talk to. i still intensely dislike cocktail parties where i don't know anyone.
6. i like to toast my marshmallows golden brown, pull off the delicious brown crust, eat it and retoast the marshmallow golden brown again.
i left my computer in lake placid, and tom is going crazy because he can't play online backgammon so i don't have any of my blog favorites handy. if you feel like grabbing the mememe, here are the rules-
Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

5 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

The knitting and the pattern are lovely!

woot! woot! for the time you got to spend with your babies!

...and I'm with you all the way on your #3 and #6!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

How exciting to have your son fly in to have dinner with you and Rebecca! The perks of piloting... I hope Rebecca has a great school year. My Allison is moving back home to Colorado next week and she is begging me to let her buy a big dog :-)

2:34 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

the knitting is awesome and how neat to spend time with your babies.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Hahahahaaaa! I do the same thing with marshmallows!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

How funny! You and I broke the quirky meme rules in exactly the same way. That's how we're both quirky? I loved seeing how happy your kids (and dogs) looked. :)

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home